Thursday, January 29, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

It's been exactly one week since Shanam was called out on an emergency business trip to Texas. He called me last Thursday while I was at work to tell me he was headed to the airport in an hour and that he might not be back for a COUPLE MONTHS! We were so distraught that we wouldn't get to see each other before he left, it was horrible! Don't worry, I pulled myself together :) But it really is strange to go from being with each other every single day to nothing at all! But to count my blessings...I've had so much time to prepare for the wedding! All the big things are ready to go, now I get to focus on all the fun details :) I hope ya'll are planning on coming because this is going to be one spectacular day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Bethany now that you're in Utah you should come to our girls nights! They're so much fun and we usually do them once a month (even though we all want to do them more:) ) but anyways, any girl from Camarillo is welcome! I think the next one is at Amber's house... when I find out the date I will let you know and we hope to see you there!

amber {and co.} said...

I second Kelley's comments! PLEASE COME!! We have lots of fun... and yummy treats :) I'll let ya know the date when I figure it out, it will be mid-February sometime... sorry you have to be away from your sweetie, that is really hard! But at least you're getting some quality family time in before you're a married lady :)

Melissa Grow said...

wait... so you won't be together for a couple of months? yikes! well good luck! Feel free to come visit for a weekend if you want to! Do you know when he's coming back?

Kate said...

How are the plans coming?! We are so excited for you! Oh and it does seem pathetic but really.... when your man leaves, a part of you is gone until he is back! Its just how it is and it stinks!

t5winmom said...

That's so hard to be apart! My dad was a Navy sub sailor, & he was gone for the 9 months before the wedding! He got back just a week before! Yikes. (My dad had gotten baptized just before they got engaged, so they were waiting a year anywsy so they could do things the right way.)