Friday, July 16, 2010

How to stay ahead of the game!

Have you or your husband/wife ever said the words, "Where does all our money GO?!" I was hearing these words exclaimed every single week as my husband looked over our bank account and shook his head. Then I found Bottomline Budgets :) (Did I do a good job sounding like an infomercial? Hehe :) I'm not getting paid to advertise this site or anything, but I do want to let you know how awesome it is and how much it's helped us! After looking at a bunch of budget templates online, this is the one that made the most sense to me and what I knew would help us the most. I've never enjoyed making a "budget" per say... allotting certain amounts of money to each category and trying to stay within that amount. That's too much effort! But I do enjoy keeping track of our finances. With this template I am able to set aside money week by week for things that we are saving for without having to physically move money from one account to another, I can enter in all fixed expenses that I know are coming up that month, and I can enter in expenses as they happen so that we know how much money we have left to work with before we get paid again. I love it and my husband loves it! Especially when I tell him how much money we have left over that week :) He thinks I'm a genius, when really...Bottomline Budgets does it all! But don't tell him :) I like being a genius :)

2 comments:

Sharlene said...

Who IS this girl!?! I'm so glad you're doing this. Talk about save a lot of grief...

anelieze castrejon said...

hey! this is pretty cool. we've been talking about having a better budget plan since we're going to have some big expenses with optometry school applications and traveling coming up--we'll have to give this a try!