Monday, June 8, 2009

My new calling!

Two Sundays ago, I was called in to meet with the branch president and I was asked to serve as the First Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency! Of course, I said yes! I had only met these girls once, the Sunday before, but already felt a great love and connection to them, so I was delighted with my calling. Then the branch president proceeded to tell me that girls camp was that week and that the girls would be leaving on Tuesday. Smiling, he asked if I would be able to go. I laughed and then realized he was serious. So I said, well of course! Although I did miss Shanam, the girls and I had such a great time and it was a great bonding experience. The beautiful desert sunset on the drive down to Big Bend National Park.
This is 4 wards combined! 18 awesome girls!

On the hike up to the waterfall taking a little breather.


Cattail Falls. The girls had fun splashing and diving in the freezing spring water.




Erin and I, queens of the mountain!




These are my 5 girls! Ready to canoe down the Rio Grande!






6 comments:

John and Tawnya Hoover said...

HEY im going to camp in a couple weeks as the Mia Maid 2 counseler. So excited but i dont know if there is much hiking at the camp we are going to...

Amy said...

You are so awesome, and that looks like so much fun! I bet you are so great for those girls:) Love you.

James said...

That is how many laurels we have in our one ward! man I am blessed to live in this area, where the worthy honeys are plentiful!

Hannah said...

Of course you would make instafriends. I love it! Those girls are lucky to have you.

The Sorensens said...

Those girls are so lucky to have you. So is that bishop. I hope your girls are as awesome as mine!

Mark and Kim said...

So I re-found your blog this morning and have really enjoyed reading about your life in West Texas~it brings back so many memories! Especially this post b/c I have pics in some of these exact same spots from Youth Conference one year! How funny. Hope you're enjoying it there~and eat at "Rosa's" for me!