Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nesting


Recently, I have been in this phase where everything has to have a designated space. I've taken one room at a time and organized and cleaned and decorated until I feel that everything is where it is supposed to be. It is such a drive that I feel within, it's almost unexplainable! Maybe it's the coming of spring, maybe it's the drum of winter, or maybe I'm preparing for something in the future that only my sub-conscience knows about?! I don't know, but it's funny how much peace it brings to me, knowing that my storage room is completely organized. I don't even go in there very often!
The term "nesting" has always been intriguing to me. In my biology course in college, I remember learning about bird nesting. The male usually provides the foundation for the nest and the female designs the inner lining. The female is the skilled builder and detailer. Lots of precision goes into weaving and adding to the nest. Almost as if every piece "has a designated space." :) Construction usually starts near the end of winter and is finished by spring when the eggs are laid, but the nest is only used once, never to be used again! Does that fact stop them from making the very best nest possible? Not at all!
And that's when I realized...I'm nesting. We may not be in Texas very long, but dang it, I am going to make the very best nest possible while we're here! No more packed boxes of decorating and craft materials, it's all coming out!

6 comments:

Bre said...

that's awesome, BF! Post pics! Wanna come nest at my house too? I have the instincts too, I'm just to tired to do anything about it. hahahahahaha

Emily V. said...

Bethey, I love this post, I totally know what you mean about those instincts! Its just something you need to do and then you really never stop! Also, whats this about possibly leaving Texas right about when I am going to move there?! Love you!

Keep up the busy birding! hahah!

Bethany said...

Bre--I would love to help you nest! pics will come soon because I guess you visiting is way out of the question! :) Can't wait to see you soon! One more week!

Em--When are you moving to Texas?!! And where? We'll have to get together with Syd!! So fun!

Pat and Anndalyn said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful! love you!

Laura Tate said...

This blog was posted about the same time you conceived Annabelle, wasn't it? :)

Bethany said...

As a matter of fact...yes it was :)